CR - Modern Metal from Finland

Sure is heavy. Not my mug-o-suds but I'll give it a shot.

Drums sound good. Guitars sound excellent.

Vox, sorry can't tell. What is the common method of recording nu-metal vocals? 58 and a hot pre to take advantage of the proximity effect. That's sort of what it sounds like to me. Maybe needs a bit of compression there. The vox are sort of coming in and out, to me.

That's the best critique I can give a song like this.

Nice, this is up my alley. Guitars sound awesome. I really like the drums too, that bass drum seems perfect for this style of music. I'm not too experienced with the whole mixing thing but sounds great to me, real cool song.

Take care
gary

thomas1831 said:
I love the guitar sound. If U don't mind me asking what did you use( amp, mics, # of layers etc) thanks!

It's PodXT Pro (w/ Metal Shop) recorded straight to soundcard. I think he used the Diamond Plate model. Little EQ in Cubase SX2 and that's it.

I'm definitely digging these mixes. The only thing I notice is at the guitars don't really "sparkle". I don't know how to explain it, but it's not a big deal at all. It has a nice Sepultura (vocals) meets Children of Bodom (drumming) meets In Flames (guitar) meets Lamb of God (intro vocals in the second song) sound. And then the rest of the vocals in the second song remind me of the days of gutter punk. Pretty good stuff.

I'd like to hear a bit more crack and definition on the snare. Guitar is a bit fuzzy in that Hell Awaits way. Reverb on the guitar?

Otherwise it sounds very 1989 thrash. Came off really good actually and I hate metal.

Back