Cover song

smuckinfart1

Hello all,this is my first post in the clinic.I want to start off by saying that I hate doing covers but I havent recorded in about a year.Since im just unfolding my wings again I didnt wanna trash one of my songs and just have to redo it at a later date.

This song was a hidden track off the first Staind CD.Its called Black Rain.The original is very boring at best and mines about the same.My goal in recording this song was to simply capture the best sound I could out of my acoustic and the singer.

I miked the acoustic(epiphone hummingbird)with a rode NT1 running through my ART tube channel.I recorded the rythm twice and panned one hard left and one hard right.I used the same gear set up for recording the vocals just different settings on the tube channel.The few electric guitar parts were played through a Behringer Vamp.

I recorded all of this in ACID and used sonic foundry plugins for reverb and EQ.

If you can stay awake long enough to make it through the song I'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions on mixing,recording,and all of that.Thanks!

Kev

You did a fine job. I've never heard the original version but this sounds very good. My recording skills are average at best and my opinion on the mix and recording would be shit in a bucket. Later, Charva

Hey Charva,thanks for the reply man.Recording is something that I dont think any of us ever completely know. Even the pros are still learning new tricks. And to be honest im glad its that way because it adds a hint of mystery,like recording a song becomes a spiritual journy of creativity,artistic nirvana. I need to go light my candles now................

Kev

Back