Cover....... Highway to Hell

The guitars are great. Well played! Except for the opening. They sound a little too processed to me. The drums are a little too loud for the mix. In the chorus, the guitars get almost completely covered by the main & backing vocals, drums and bass. The guitar solo is a little quiet. The drums sound synthetic. Especially the last cymbal crash. It totally sounds fake. I should know... I work with synth drums everyday. The backing vocals are a little off. I know they weren't that great in the original but they kind of sound like a couple of drunks wandered their way into the studio. The main vocals are great! Spot on! I hope I'm not being too harsh.

Over all, I'd give the song a 7/10. You have some areas that needs improvement but it's definitely not bad. Keep up the good work!

STAT1STICK said:
The guitars are great. Well played! Except for the opening. They sound a little too processed to me. The drums are a little too loud for the mix. In the chorus, the guitars get almost completely covered by the main & backing vocals, drums and bass. The guitar solo is a little quiet. The drums sound synthetic. Especially the last cymbal crash. It totally sounds fake. I should know... I work with synth drums everyday. The backing vocals are a little off. I know they weren't that great in the original but they kind of sound like a couple of drunks wandered their way into the studio. The main vocals are great! Spot on! I hope I'm not being too harsh.

Over all, I'd give the song a 7/10. You have some areas that needs improvement but it's definitely not bad. Keep up the good work!

You are pretty much spot on. But, it's a demo to get jobs and good enough for me. There's not a single sample on there so I'm not sure why the drums would sound fake. I guess that's a compliment if I'm getting my drums to sound like that. But there's not a single sample on there. And as far as the background vocals, it was a bunch of drunks who showed up. Like I said, spot on man.

Damn those vocals are high man...and your singer is hitting them right on the money! Excellent.

I think the lead solo is a tiny bit low at the beginning; better when the chorus comes back in. Just a nit you can leave as is, it's no biggee. ;)

Well played by all the band as well. Great demo recording - I'd hire you on the spot after hearing this....

Great Job......

ido1957 said:
Damn those vocals are high man...and your singer is hitting them right on the money! Excellent.

I think the lead solo is a tiny bit low at the beginning; better when the chorus comes back in. Just a nit you can leave as is, it's no biggee. ;)

Well played by all the band as well. Great demo recording - I'd hire you on the spot after hearing this....

Great Job......

Thanks for the listen man.

The singer on this tune is me. :D

I did notice the lead being low. I may have to fix that and bring the guits up a bit in the chorus too.

Well Hang Dawg - your vocals are excellent (just thought I'd pass along that to you personally)......Again, great job! :D :D

HangDawg said:
Ahh, it's what it is. It for my bands demo. Have a listen

Or not. :D

Hey HangDawg,

I'm a big AC/DC fan and the guitars sound good! The drums sound a little boxy, maybe a boost in the high mids a little just to give them more presence.

You guys have done a great job here, even the vocals are pretty good, (Bon Scott has one of those voices that will attract harsh criticism, he just has a very unique voice.) especially during the chorus!....Good Stuff Hang Dawg! :)

The lead guitar needs more volume during the lead break.

Excellent job guys, An AC/DC cover especially Bon Scott era is no easy feat.......Excellent guys!

Gorty :)

Hi Hang....I had a listen. Sounds pretty good. Everyone has done a fantastic job here.

Drums do seem muted, and lacking some drive.

For some reason there is a feel of everyone being low on energy levels. Did ya guys go over this a lot before laying down the final demo?

It is a great cover, and a good demo show for muscianship.

I am not meaning to insult anyone. I think ya all did a great job, I just feel the energy level was kinda low when ya all recorded. :confused: :)

Gorty said:
Hey HangDawg,

I'm a big AC/DC fan and the guitars sound good! The drums sound a little boxy, maybe a boost in the high mids a little just to give them more presence.

You guys have done a great job here, even the vocals are pretty good, (Bon Scott has one of those voices that will attract harsh criticism, he just has a very unique voice.) especially during the chorus!....Good Stuff Hang Dawg! :)

The lead guitar needs more volume during the lead break.

Excellent job guys, An AC/DC cover especially Bon Scott era is no easy feat.......Excellent guys!

Gorty :)

Thanks

I'm gonna crank the lead up a bit. There's only so much time I want to spend on it. I'm sure none of the bar owners will notice any of the obvious issues. Hopefully it will get us some gigs.

P.S. I love AC/DC too. We do 5 of them. Everybody always goes nuts.

HangDawg said:
Thanks

I'm gonna crank the lead up a bit. There's only so much time I want to spend on it. I'm sure none of the bar owners will notice any of the obvious issues. Hopefully it will get us some gigs.

P.S. I love AC/DC too. We do 5 of them. Everybody always goes nuts.

I grew up in the town and live only 10 minutes away from where Bon Scott cut his teeth in the music scene!

Just thought I would tell ya that! :)

Hey Dawg,

mix sounds great for a demo. Personaly I think your vox are spot on but the clipped D of "Don't need ryme" is just lazyness...you've got the gear to get it right.

Two thumbs up

Lemon

Back