Couple of mixes that could use some home recording critiques

Nick The Man

I posted these songs a while back, but since then I have upgraded to protools and completely remixed the songs. I have listened to them to death, and honestly the only one I feel 95% satesfied with is "Mice."
So maybe you guys could tell me what I need to do to really tune these songs up for GOOD!

(Disregard "Live at Canal Fest")
Heres your link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=827196

Thanks, NICK

Yep, the link works. Listening to Mice as I type...

Good mix--I can hear everything and everything's got a nice place in the mix. Good tune, man. Lot's of cool stuff happening here. I like the texture that the various guitar layers create, and I can always hear the bass--that's what I listen for a lot as that often get's lost in a more complex mix.

I'm trying to find something to nit pick--not just to nit, but to help you, and I really can't. This is a tight, well developed mix. Nice job!

Good Mix !

Hey man, just popped in and had a listen to your song mice! my internet is bit slow, but i could have a listen to it, and it's like what the bonjour guy said, it's a tight mix... Great job man !!

Cheers,
Christopher.;)

No critique here...but I remember this one from this past spring (or summer?) and was really happy to hear it again. Sounds great. :D

Last edited:
On headphones here I listened to Mice & Uncle Phil's parachute, both good tunes, kind of an old school Tull vibe. The snare sounds nice, very accurate.The only thing I noticed, and it could totally be these cheap sony phones, was the kick could do with more beef? thump?...something. Looks like the move to PT hasn't done you any harm

Thanks again to everyone for listening!

BULLS HIT: I originally had the kick much hotter in in the mix and it sounded great on my monitors, but when I listened on other systems it was WAAYY to loud. I guess I'm still learning these monitors. But mixing these songs had surely helped my progress. Take a listen outside of some headphones and let me know if your still hearing it.

:cool::cool::cool:

Back