country rock?

willovercome

i've been around here for a little while, but i've just never gotten around to posting any songs. i just wanted to throw this out and see what everyone thought. i usually do just straight rock n roll (big guitars etc...), but i wanted to try a side project with a little country rock feel. this is something i've been working on for a couple days. let me know what you think of the song and the recording. i'm tough...i can take it.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=3313/singles

the horns are completely midi, i'll get real ones someday soon.
the abrupt ending was on purpose...it will lead into another song.

I like this song.... I'm really not sure why... but I do. It grew on me :) Ummm I'd like the drums a little quieter at the start. They sound mixed well once it all picks up... but maybe a little loud at first?

Good harmony. Guitar works and sounds good. Sounds like you cappo'd on 2 and played in C. I even like the keyboard horns okay.

Nice smooth sound overall that I like. :)

I think maybe if you just soloed the bass and drum track and worked the eq a little more you could get a litte more natural sounding drum sound and bring the drum level down a bit. You got the guitar and vocal pretty good man. The midi sounds are pretty much going to be just midi sounding , but perhaps a little delay on the piano and horn and bring them in softer and not so abruptly , and keep the level down a little lower. The harmonies come in a little abruptly and dominate the primary vocal in the early part of the tune. good simple arrangement

I have an idea - get rid of the drums and do your own percussion instead. You know: shaker, tamborine, hand claps, ANYTHING but those drums.:)

I like the song a lot. And I really don't think it needs drums. Even just an egg shaker would do fine.

Cool song.

Chris

Back