Country Rock tune?!?!

Elton123

I love doing this and want to do it more. My wife and I met up with the singer on Friday night with nothing. Bounced an idea around for a while then went into a home studio on Saturday. Finished the tune and recorded it. Very fun.

Last edited:
Well done, lots of good things. My main suggestion would be to cut the intro in half, I think the song wants to begin right away. I might also suggest a wider pan, but it's a very nice mix and a good song.

Not so much country rock as what ever it was Dylan did wth the band, Kooper and that mob.
I like it a lot.
Wider panning might be nice but it holds well as is.

What type of organ did you use?

Ha. Not a very good one. the stock Digidesign one. DB-33 I think its called. Actually i have native Instruments B-4, and this one is just as good in my opinion. Hard to get to a real B3 and a Leslie. I've recorded them and its wonderful though.

Great production, excellent vox, great work all around, rippin guitar, sounds pro.

Sounds great. I'd like to hear a little more bite on the bass guitar. At times when the bass drum hits there's no corresponding bass note.
Sounds very much like Darius Rucker.

Sounds great. I'd like to hear a little more bite on the bass guitar. At times when the bass drum hits there's no corresponding bass note.
Sounds very much like Darius Rucker.

Ha. He hates that reference. But he can't avoid it. Thanks for listening. And the advice on the bass.

Back