could someone please mediate! cep, cakewalk, or nuendo

LordSire

the first question is asking pretty much 4 some opinions, and maybe, if not too much trouble, some facts and/or specs in comparison to give me some enlightenment. I presently own, of course, cool edit pro 2.1. i'm being told by a friend of mine that i should get rid of cool edit and go with cakewalk. Saying that cw supposedly "blows cep out of the water.", and that cep happens to be the least of all the daw's on the market! I LOVE CEP! i just cant imagine what id do with a program(even if i dont understand everything, yet) that could and would offer more as far usability. He claims his cw comes with comprehensive and easily understandable explanations to certain functions as effects and presets, and which one is better for certain situations? Is this at all true? Especially about cep being the WORST of ALL daw's?! I also have a buddy of mine saying were both wrong; nuendo is the way to go. That BOTH daw's are, as he sayin' it right now! are "dinosaurs compared to nuendo, and that its the next best thing to pro tools! :eek:

CEP is a great audio program. It does not, however, do MIDI. If you need MIDI, then Sonar 5 (Cakewalk) is the way to go.

I have both, and Sonar does a fine job, but I prefer CEP for audio work. Additionally, its noise reduction algorithms are superb.

It's like trying to buy a car based on your friends' recommendations: they will "recommend" whatever they own, whether it's suitable for your use or not.

As for Audition, I have recorded and released one CD, and am working on another, and nobody has yet said "oh, you recorded that on Audition? It sounds like ****!"

No, what they say is, "wow! That sounds great!"

Can you perceive the difference?

Y'know ip, i kinda figured that. Good lookin 4 the honesty and not bein totally biased. But i guess i shoulda been more descriptive on my situation. Im using my daw for recording, editing, and mixing only, i really doubt if id be using midi with it any time soon. As for the daw i asked about in the thread, those are the ones i have access to at this moment.(cakewalk or nuendo). Ive just heard about AA for the first time visiting this forum. But ive read in a few different threads that most believe AA and CEP were pretty much the same thing. So 4 the ones i have available, which one is better for my needs, pursey? And Ip, I must say, without seeming like im trying to butter you up or extreme flattery; but ive read a lot of your replies to a lot of threads, and i have to admit, man, you are a BAD BOY! (complimentary) you seem 2 have the answer for a lot of mystery and confusion for us newbiez. SO ill be one to say for us all, in the name of good, quality, music, you are extremly appreciated! There are a lot of you guyz on here. keep up the damn good work! WE LOVE YOU, MAN!(and no, i dont want your bud light)lol

Back