Could it be me?

brownbag

All of a sudden I can no longer get a signal and record. I have Home Studio 9 and I had not used it in a while but when I tried just recently I could not record anything. I also tried to record some prerecorded songs from a cassette deck and got some real faint markings but nothing on playback. I also tried this thru Pyro and didn;t get a signal there either. Is it me, the sound card what?? Any help?? Thanks Mike

The source is set to my sound card. For recording mics and lines I have always run the signal through a Tascam four track recorder. (It's the easiest way to get to the sound card. It has RCA jacks) Anyway I can see a signal going thru that. The cassette player I hooked up I went straight thru the sound card. I'm not sure what you mean by enabled. I'm thinking it has to be something simple. I uninstalled Cakewalk and reinstalled it. Still same thing..

Now I'm starting to think it's my sound card. I can play songs that are on my hard drive but not CDs from the drive. I can also hook a cassette deck straight to the sound card and play that so I'm lost. If anyone knows sound cards I could use some help. Thanks

Victory is mine. I downloaded a new driver for the sound card and voila I have a signal Thanks for the replies

Back