correlating a microphone with a preamp

rane

is the "meagre" sB audigy sufficient for a rode ntk?

IGNORE MY TOPIC TITLE!!!

edited, heres my real question: would a soundblaster audigy zs platinum suffice for say, a rode ntk, if i had a good preamp, like a presonus mp20?

Last edited:
ok, what i meant was, is t soundcard good enough for a rode ntk?

i know of the audiophile.

but the audigy zs platinum is teh top creative card. why wouldnt it compete well with teh 2496??

yes i realize that.

but there is a reason they are on different websites.

please , do not avoid the question

As a whole, I just don't think the NTK matches up well with the Creative line of sound cards. Na. The NTK definitely sounds better with an M-Audio or Echo card for sure. You do realize that matching the microphone to the sound card is pivotal, don't you? :D I've heard of situations where a certain mic won't even make any sound at all when used with a mis-matched sound card. God's honest truth, I tell ya.

but the audigy zs platinum is teh top creative card. why wouldnt it compete well with teh 2496??

Because they are made for two different applications. The Audigy may be comparable, but why not just go for the Audiophile 24/96 that is specifically designed for audio?

rane said:
please , do not avoid the question

Yes, sir!! :rolleyes: I wasn't avoiding the question because your assertion is that the Audigy must be decent if it's Creative's top of the line card. It's not Creative's top of the line card.

I really doubt the Audigy is as good as the Audiophile. I've had the Audiophile and it's really nice for the money. I've never used the Audigy, but, like everyone else is saying, why not get a card that is designed for recording?

chessrock said:
As a whole, I just don't think the NTK matches up well with the Creative line of sound cards.

Did you turn the phantom power on at the input that has the picture of the mic?

War :cool:

Warhead said:
Did you turn the phantom power on at the input that has the picture of the mic?

War :cool:

the audigy has phantom power?!?!?!

and thanks for the replies, im looking into an emu series anyway, since theyre conversion rate is better than teh maudio, but i was thinkin, if i can get the audigy to record well with teh ntk why not just keep it.

rane said:
the audigy has phantom power?!?!?!
These guys are dickin' with you. Pay no attention to what they say. The soundblaster cards are not made for audio. Get something that is.

Back