copy SD card data from computer to SD card

drummer47

Hi

I have a Tascam DP32SD. I have copied the file folder for a song I have recorded to my computer as the SD card no longer works in the Tascam. Will copying the song from my computer to a formatted SD card work so I can add more tracks? I have not mastered the song as yet.

Format the card in the Tascam as it puts the necessary start up folders and files on it. Your computer ignores these. Once you have reformatted it you should be able to put things back in from the computer. If a card doesn’t work in the Tascam, then it’s because you may have altered the structure. My friend has one and always does this. Tascam to computer is easy. Computer to Tascam, less so.

Format the card in the Tascam as it puts the necessary start up folders and files on it. Your computer ignores these. Once you have reformatted it you should be able to put things back in from the computer. If a card doesn’t work in the Tascam, then it’s because you may have altered the structure. My friend has one and always does this. Tascam to computer is easy. Computer to Tascam, less so.
Kinda answers my query, but you make me feel as if I might have a problem transferring the data

You said you copied the data as the card no longer worked? I took this to mean you had perhaps formatted the card outside the Tascam. When you say it doesn't work, I assume other cards are fine, so this one is corrupted somehow? So you should reformat it before you record anything else?

What exactly have you done, and how are you recovering the data? To be honest, recovering the files is most important. It's possible the card is faulty, but that's rare - so a card not working suggests you've done something? Maybe taking it out before it had completed writing?

The card failed to work in the machine. I put the card in to my computer and copied the music file. All I want to know is can I now copy that file to a new formatted SD card?

If I remember correctly there is a folder called audio depot, or audio dept (can't remember) and you can put audio files into that which can be read by the machine as long as the .wav format matches in bit rate and sample rate.

Back