Coolest looking mic around

capnreverb

With no consideration to sound quality issues, what do you guys think is the coolest looking mic made today (no vintage, that should be a differant thread).

Those odd looking blue mics?
RE 20?
Coles ribbons?
That Rode stereo mic?
etc.......................

I really like the look of the Microtech Gefell mics, particularly the UM900.

Attachments

• um900_1_k.jpg
    um900_1_k.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 405
turnitdown said:
Almost anything by BLUE is pretty innovative looking.
I like the Dragonfly...

^ what he said. I like any of the mics that look like they're straight out of Elvis's locker too. ;)

I agree with the Blue Dragonfly. That is a cool looking mic, and a cool example of practical applications of biology.

I saw a real dragonfly today, and the first thing I though of was the Blue Dragonfly microphone. Does that mean I'm beyond help for my audio/recording obsession? I guess it does. Does it help that my second though was, "hey I should catch it and pull its wings off..." Hmmm, probably not.

EleKtriKaz said:
I agree with the Blue Dragonfly. That is a cool looking mic, and a cool example of practical applications of biology.

I saw a real dragonfly today, and the first thing I though of was the Blue Dragonfly microphone. Does that mean I'm beyond help for my audio/recording obsession?

No... only if you tried singing into it.

I think the Blue dragonfly is the prettiest mic too. I wish I had one.

It would be cool to drill the case to expose the tube . . . hmmm, maybe I should try that.

You better hurry up... I wouldn't be surprise to see Behringer come out w/ a Toob mic w/ a 3" plastic window that lets you see the Tooob cooking away...

They could call it the Behringer Ultra-Pro Tube-View 2000 Mega Performance Series III !!!

I'm kidding of course... :D

crazydoc said:
I still like my SE5000 with the case off.

Man, that thing is cool-as-hell,,,,,,,, whats something like that cost? And more importantly, how does it sound?

Last edited:
Amped said:
Man, that thing is cool-as-hell,,,,,,,, whats something like that cost? And more importantly, how does it sound?
It's a little sibilant - I haven't used it much yet, but it will find its use. I'm going to try it on classical guitar.

Here's one for sale - it's no longer produced. $100 would be a reasonable price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29950&item=3740228093&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Here's what it looks like with the casing on.
http://www.barryrudolph.com/newtoys/toys/seelectronics.html

i think its hard to beat the BLUE mics ...
but i'm still in love with my AKG414 ... there's nothing special about it,
and i think that's it ;... just a simple kinda rectangular thing ...
give it two leggs and arms and its a walking robot

hehe, and for a cheap mic i think the SM57's are neat ;..
if a 57'd be a girl i'd fuck her

Back