CoolEdit Pro track volume

TentilEight

Does anyone know how to set the volume for an individual track in a CoolEdit Pro edit session? I am using CakeWalk ProAudio 8 and I used the tools menu option to enter CoolEdit to edit a track. I was able to set the track volume in CakeWalk ProAudio 8 Pro but when I get to CoolEdit the volume is really loud and I cant find a volume control for the track to turn it down. Anyone?

There are about a gazillion ways to manipulate volume in cool edit pro...Im guessing you are in the Waveform editing screen. The easiest way would be to use the "amplitude" transform from the transform menu. Or you could go to the multitrack editing screen and use the volume envelope or volume controll on the left side of the screen.

Thanks for responding. I don't know if it is because I have the CoolEdit Pro SE version or what but the Transform menu doesn't have an amplitude selection. When I transfer to the multitrack view (I am only trying to edit 1 track from the cakewalk session) The track doesn't appear. I am wondering if this is some sort of limitation of the SE version.

o.k.
Cool edit pro SE doesnt have any useful transforms...that's a limitation of the special edition. Go to the multitrack screen and click on the "insert" tab at the top of the screen. A menu of all of your waveforms should appear. Double click on the waveform you want to manipulate and it should appear in the first available track. Then you can manipulate the volume and pan from the multitrack screen. Hope this makes sense...I'm drunk.

SN-8
Thanks, I did what you said and it worked (sort of) when I inserted the wav file it didn't insert the entire wav. In the wav view you can edit, see the whole thing but when I inserted it into the multi-track view it only took part, even after I 'selected the entire wav' menu option. Any other ideas? I guess they want me to shell out the rest o' the dough!

Is cool edit worth the purchase price for the whole thing ($249) or so..? Is there a competitor that runs on NT 4.0? The real bummer is gadget labs is including the complete version with their wave 824 card for $699 now. It looks like I bought the card 2 weeks too early. You would think they would give me a break! I mean, sell it to me for a hundred bucks, man! I asked em but they don't respond (via e-mail) I will try by phone and see what happens. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I am drinking a few Sam Adams White ale's mmmmm..... beer.......

Hay man...
Look in the "Hot deals" section of this site...Theres a link to a website that sells the Cool Edit Pro upgrade for $199. If I had known about it I would have saved $50. I think the full version is worth the price... you get 30 or so FX you can apply to 64 tracks...I think its a deal...
I still dont understand what it is you are trying to do using Cool Edit inside of Cakewalk...you cant be trying to apply FX because there arent any in the SE version.

Back