Cool Edit Pro vs Pro Tools

ljgmsun

Hey Everyone

I'm currently using Cool Edit 2.0 and my friends keep on telling me to switch to pro tools cuz it's 'so much better' they say. What is your take on on Pro Tools? anyone use both before? My friends haven't used Cool Edit, so they're kind of blowing hot air without the direct comparisons, but its something i want to check out. advantages ? disadvantages ?

Neither is "better". They both record audio. I've had both and sold the PT rig. The only reason I'd use it is if my projects had to be able to go to another studio (Pro Tools being the standard around the world). If you need the portabil;ity, go with Pro Tools. Otherwise, save your money.

Does Cool Edit do MIDI, yet? PT (and just about every other program) does. It comes in handy for things like creating drum tracks and playing around with string arrangement ideas, but if you don't think you'll ever need it, why bother?

And even though I'm a PT user, I agree with Track Rat- unless you need the portabilitiy between studio you're probably better off saving your money.

Take care,
Chris

Chris Shaeffer said:
Does Cool Edit do MIDI, yet? PT (and just about every other program) does. It comes in handy for things like creating drum tracks and playing around with string arrangement ideas, but if you don't think you'll ever need it, why bother?

And even though I'm a PT user, I agree with Track Rat- unless you need the portabilitiy between studio you're probably better off saving your money.

Take care,
Chris
Yes, Cool Edit Pro does MIDI.

But it is not a MIDI sequencer.

Back