Cool Edit pro / Adobe Audition

robbyrobmusik

I have been messing with Cool Edit pro for a little over 2 years now. I always though of this program basically like a simple wav edititor. I have used it for many things. I wanted to know from you guys using this now is this really a full DAW?

I mean have most of you guys composed a whole entire track with this?

I just saw from Adobe after looking for the site on google that Adobe has taken over CE and named Audition.

Now for you Audition users that have also used CE how do you compare the 2? Meaning would i have a hard time to get adjusted to Audition?

robbyrobmusik said:
I have been messing with Cool Edit pro for a little over 2 years now. I always though of this program basically like a simple wav edititor. I have used it for many things. I wanted to know from you guys using this now is this really a full DAW?

I mean have most of you guys composed a whole entire track with this?

I just saw from Adobe after looking for the site on google that Adobe has taken over CE and named Audition.

Now for you Audition users that have also used CE how do you compare the 2? Meaning would i have a hard time to get adjusted to Audition?

Hi.......well...er.....I have composed two entire CD's with CEPro 2.1!!
Things are only as simple/complex as you make them.
Certain features have changed b/w the 2 programs...but if you could handle one, you could handle the other!!
Get out of "edit view" and move on young padawan!!
Hope that helps!!..Regards, :)

Twostone, how are you dealing with the way 2.0 saves *every* take of every recording session? I've heard it's very difficult to avoid those takes being saved even if you try to, and I've heard it's difficult to delete those extra takes afterward.

Back