Cool comparison for the DI amp modelers

SSgtP

www.dthraco.com/competition.htm

Check out this site for a good comparison of a few of the DI amp modeling work stations. Of course you can't make a decision based solely on this, but it still can give you a good comparison of the amp models. I think the BOSS sounds kinda muddy. The rest of them have some pretty usable sounds. I have a J-Station, and to me it stacks up pretty well against the other more expensive ones.

P

Thats a great idea, but mp3's encoded at 24kbps/22khz sampling rate are gonna gonna give you an accurate representation of what it will sound like.....just bring your guitar to GuitarCenter like I did and hear them all for yourself.....then take your J-Station home with you and enjoy it.......

Gidge, I agree, I would never base a purchase on a few mp3's. There are just too many variables that could effect the tone. Just for shit's & grin's though, you might be able to get an idea of the textures of some of the different amp models. Also, if someone hears someone refering to that classic VOX tone, this might be a good place for people to educate themselves to some extenet as to how that amp sounds.

P

Back