converting wavs to mp3

Clam Soup

Project 49
I think, at long last, I am starting to get my head around some of this stuff.... Apparently I need to be able to convert wavs into mp3s. Any suggestions on free programs that accomplish that task? I'm looking for simplicity if it exists.

Itunes will do it.

It has a built in converter. You have to make sure it's set to mp3, (file/preferences) then you just drag your song in,
right click on it, and select 'convert to mp3'.

It will leave your original file, and make an mp3 copy.

Once done, you can just drag the copy straight from your playlist to the desktop or wherever to save you searching for it.

Takes seconds!
Hope that helps.

Itunes will do it.

It has a built in converter. You have to make sure it's set to mp3, (file/preferences) then you just drag your song in,
right click on it, and select 'convert to mp3'.

It will leave your original file, and make an mp3 copy.

Once done, you can just drag the copy straight from your playlist to the desktop or wherever to save you searching for it.

Takes seconds!
Hope that helps.

I'll give that a a shot - sounds easy enough.

May I ask why exactly you want to go from a lossless file format to a lossy one? Outside of putting it on your MP3 player, I would not mix, master, or burn mp3's over wav.

If your looking for a way to compress a finished tune to email to someone or something like that. I would look at flac over mp3. MUCH BETTER ;) Just a suggestion. Foobar is good at doing that:

foobar2000

Back