Controlling my volume with Behringer Mixers

jameslawson

Hi, I currently have the Behringer Xenyx 1204 FX mixer and i currently have a pair of Edirol MA-15D Active monitors.. I'm upgrading them now to pair of Mackie active ones but they have no headphone input.
Heres my plan.. I'm wanting to plug them directly into my mixer or keep them in
the u-control box but i need to be able to control the volume of them by my faders, Is there something i can do with ALT 3 - 4?

I'm an on air internet radio presenter and need to be able to put the volume down when i go to speak.

Is there a way of getting this to work?

Thank you!

yes there is I have the same mixer you do. Do you use the interface that came with the board? Let me get my stuff out and look and I will get back to you and let you know exactly what to do.

Ok, here is how I do it. First I run the alt 3-4 outputs into the input on the u-control (keep in mind that when using the alt 3-4 as outputs you have to press the mute button to get signal on each individual channel, so in simpler terms the mute buttons reverse their functions.) What I do next is run the outputs of the u-control to the cd/tape input and then hook your speakers into the cd/tape output. You will then be able to control the volume going to your speakers by the phones knob that is above and between the alt 3-4 and main mix faders. I'm pretty sure there is probably another way to do this but this has worked for me. I hope that is what you are looking for.

I just got my book out and it says you should be able to control your speaker volume with the main mix faders as opposed to the phones knob I told you about earlier...perhaps both will work.

yes you will have to make a trip to radio shack to get some adapters. the mic shouldn't make any difference..I hope this works for you.

another thing that I just thought of..once you set your mic level you could cut it off by pressing mute button..this will keep you from having to mess with the faders all the time.

Back