Control Surfaces

Tukkis

What control surfaces are there for PC?

Which audio programs work with these control surfaces?

Do control surfaces communicate and send their commands to the audio programs through MIDI?

If I got a digital mixer eg. Behringer DDX3126 could this be programed or used as a control surface for an audio program eg.CEP, SONAR?

With the digital mixer because it has motorized faders, does this mean that the faders would move if you move the volume on knob on screen?

Thanks
Tukkis

Last edited:
Behringer BCF2000

The Behringer BCF2000 works well as a control surface.
The BCF2000 works with Cubase SX, Sonar, Pro Tools, Logic, and Reason as far as I know. The BCF2000 controls Volume, Pan, Mute, Rec, Solo, Transport controls and much more... You can control Audio and midi tracks on which ever program you are using. The Behringer DDX3126 can not in any way work as a control surface for an audio program. You can cascade many of these BCF2000's to have ultimate control over all your tracks in which ever software you want to use.. The BCF2000 is around $220.00. You can hook up the BCF2000 with USB or Midi I/O. If you are going to use multiple BCF2000's together I would recommend using each one with USB, not midi I/O. The BCF2000 has 8 motorized faders, which means the fader physically moves when the volume on that channel is changing. I would recommend you get the Behringer BCF2000 and use it with Pro Tools LE. Hope this helped you out.

Back