Contest!!!!

mrT

Ok, so let's have a little competition to spice things up. We all like to talk about how good we are so let's find out who can back it up.

To be a part of this contest you must:
1. submit a link IN THIS THREAD.
2. have at least one other member second it by qouting it in a reply followed by some sign of support.
3. SPECIFY WHICH SONG from the link is in the contest.

Once we have 10 entries I'll repost as a poll and see who come out on top. IF you win... you get respect.

I think everyone missed an important part... You have to have someone second your song to be part of this contest. They're are so many rap producers on this site but there is so little love shown. SO SHOW SOME LOVE TO YOUR BROTHERS. We are all reaching for the same goal.

mrT said:
to get this rollin...

Akademic - Pressure

First song

I'm a London dance DJ and to my ancient ears that sounds rude,criminal and distictly humorous which is the purpose I think and it serves it well. But are we really talking future classic here. I have to be honest and sorry to dis but IMVHO a small and respectful no. That don't mean I don't like it I do, but the real test is time. This ain't my field you got to remember so it's subjective. I'll give it a 7.

bknot1 said:
how many times can we vote :D
I've got to give the bassline a ten but the lyrics need more work so a 6 for those but I like the message so I'll give that a 7 and a half.

REEK BROCK said:
I'm down too but why when I tried to start one I got shot down???? :confused: :eek: :D
Nice beats, short and sweet, good samples, fun, yes, fun sounds. Like it. ORIGINAL put them all together and you'll have a good trip. Got to give it a nine for originality and a ten for style but only a five for focus and direction overall serious talent and an 8 but definitely ten worthy when fully produced as a laid down multi break tune which I,d love to hear and would certainly be a sound of it's own. Hard work I know but if it don't hurt it ain't worth it.

Labtek said:
I'm a London dance DJ and to my ancient ears that sounds rude,criminal and distictly humorous which is the purpose I think and it serves it well. But are we really talking future classic here. I have to be honest and sorry to dis but IMVHO a small and respectful no. That don't mean I don't like it I do, but the real test is time. This ain't my field you got to remember so it's subjective. I'll give it a 7.

I realize that not everyone likes gansta rap anymore. But if that's what he lived I don't exect him to rap about something else. People need to realize that what he's talking about is real. And if you don't have to do that shit to just get by more power to you but for some people it's that or be dirt poor.

qb2k5 said:
Could do with a extended slightly deeper message (more on the fire), good tempo nice and uplifting, remix could be better, needs more going on, I know it's unfinished well everything is. I must admit though its got the most tune so far so I'll reluctantly give it a nine purely for potential and talent/luck.

mrT said:
I realize that not everyone likes gansta rap anymore. But if that's what he lived I don't exect him to rap about something else. People need to realize that what he's talking about is real. And if you don't have to do that shit to just get by more power to you but for some people it's that or be dirt poor.
I used to squat and live in a truck, drugs yeh!, but I got by and I'm worth more than a million now so there is always a way. He's usin the music as I did and the shit may be slightly elaborated hey but it's showbusiness after all. More to him for that. Music is music.

Back