constructive criticism anyone??

whjr15

ok, so heres what i got so far on this song... my plan for it is to be the background music for my buddies website, so its going to stay instrumental, and just loop over and over kinda deal....so dont pay any attention to the slop ass "ending..." just the main part where everything is playing...

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=2882

im not really too "experienced" when it comes to metal, (if you wanna call it that haha) so i have no idea if everything is sitting right... i would love some feedback from you guys, if you have time.

thanks,

-joe

Sounds fine for the stated purpose but from a personal perspective I really can't get into the noodling lead bit in the background. I think the intro takes too long you could lose me before the guitar starts or anything really happens.
The keyboard sound could be lifted & the noodle dropped actually.
Cheers
rayC

yeah.. i had actually planned on dropping that 'noodle,' but apparently i forgot to haha.... and the "intro" wasnt an "intro" at all. or at least not how i have it planned... i just worked on the main part before i forgot it haha, and decided to come ask you guys if it was even worth workin on in the first place... so i just left it like it was.

thanks for the advice though, i appreciate it

joe

Drums are way too treble-y and have no body. The noodling doesnt bother me at all, I kind of like it. Is that it? Hmmm I guess so.

If you plan on looping this, change the dynamics of the noodles. Make em go up and down, loud and soft, pan em left and right. Put them through a phase shifter, put on echo then take it away. There are a zillion things to do with just this minimal of music.

Back