Console Tape?

reshp1

I just traded up my MotorMix for a Tascam US2400. Having 24 touchsensitive faders will be very nice after banking through just 8 channels and fighting the non-touchsensitive faders when writting automation. The downside is the US2400 doesn't have a LCD display. Someone suggested using "console tape" to mark the channels each session. Umm... what is console tape? Is it just a thin masking tape? or something especially designed not to leave any residue (like gaffer's tape)? Where can I get it if it's not just plain masking tape?

I like a light colored electrical tape. It doesn't leave a lot of tape boogers on the console and you can write on it with a Sharpie or a grease pencil and it's easy to get off.

Track Rat said:
I like a light colored electrical tape. It doesn't leave a lot of tape boogers on the console and you can write on it with a Sharpie or a grease pencil and it's easy to get off.

Huh, that gets me thinking. You think a dry erase marker would work on some white electrical tape? I wouldn't need to be constantly peeling tape on and off that way.

Electrical tape? I do not now exactly what it is, but it is not quite Gaff tape or electrical tape in my opinion. It does not stretch like electrical tape, but is not cloth like Gaff Tape. It will leave less sticky residue behind than both electrical and gaff tape, but is not nearly as adhesive either. I wish I could tell you exactly what kind of tape it is:) When I do not have copnsole tape around, I either use 1 inch gaff tape, or a 2 inch roll and tear it up the middle.

The best stuff is "Artist Tape" and you can get it at any art supplies store. It's white and it won't leave any residue.

Back