Connection question

yup. brilliantly devilish of them isn't it? :D
however, pro tools free (if you search around you can still find it) will work with your regular soundcard. it only works with os 9 and like windows 98 or something like that tho :(

Im going to guitarcenter im just gone buy it,can u come up with a good setup to go with protools?(to record rap vocals, and have a good quality with the recordings?

just look around in the newbies forum here and there are a lot of threads that could answer that infinitely better than i could. you're definitely in the right place though! good luck and have fun!

Look on ebay for an original mbox, they're dirt cheap now and the focusrite pre's sound better imho than the new gen mbox's

and remember!! digidesign hardware comes including Pro Tools LE... m-audio hardware you need to buy pro tools m-powered seperately...

How ever there is hardware out there that works with multiple DAWs, for example Project Mix I/O, which interfaces with M-powered, Logic, Cubase, DP...

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm switching away from Pro Tools. But yeah, the cheapest option is to get an academic discount if you can (www.academicsuperstore.com). M-audio stuff doesn't usually come with hardware, but it's got more options. You're limited to only one interface at a time, though. I don't think LE has that limitation, so you might be better off with that in the long run.

Back