connection question soundcard - speaker

Pedro

Hi

I've got a Pentium with soundblaster Live Platinum and have purchased the Alesis M1 Active speakers. I'd like to connect directly from the soundcard to the speakers. In the M1 manual it says that I should only connect line level input to the speakers.

I don't know what the output level from the soundcard is. Is there any risk in blowing the speakers if I connect from the normal speaker output of the soundcard?

Thanx

Peter

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: You can very easily damage your monitors doing that. A speaker output has A LOT higher output than a line-level signal - the output is rated in watts rather than milliwatts!!!!!!!!!!

more...

Hi,

I found the manual to my soundcard on the net (http://www.soundblaster.com/manuals/platinum.pdf). It says (page 17) that the soundcard has a line out jack. This is the jack I have used in the past with a pair of (crappy) active speakers that came with the computer (it has worked ok in the past). Is it ok to connect from line out from the soundcard to the active speaker? If not, how else can I hook it up?

Thanx again,

Pedro

Back