Connecting Yamaha PSR-170 to a Tascam DP-01?

uhhuhhim

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I logged in here, but my dad recently told me that he was going to give me his Yamaha PSR-170 keyboard because he didn't use it anymore. He bought it some time last year and says it's been sitting in the corner ever since.

While I know this isn't necessarily a full-sized keyboard (it has 61 keys), I've always wanted to incorporate a little bit of keyboards into my music. I purchased my Tascam DP-01 in '06.

I'm not playing to do anything elaborate with the keyboard. I know how to play somewhat, but most of the time, it's just always been an accompaniment in the background with my guitar.

Anyway, he told me it came with an MIDI cable, so I thought I would try. I was just wondering: Do I need 1 MIDI cable or two? I'm currently looking at both manuals, but if anyone can give some tips, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

uhhuhhim

Connect the headphone output to a stereo channel (or two mono) on your DP-01 and record the audio from the PSR170. The midi won't send any music to the dp-01.

Connect the headphone output to a stereo channel (or two mono) on your DP-01 and record the audio from the PSR170. The midi won't send any music to the dp-01.

I think I get what you mean, but how would I be able to record the keyboard parts to something that's already been recorded? Would I need another set of headphones?

Back