Connecting mixer to sound card

sodapopinski

Ok. I am about to prove that I am a big noob! I've been recording for a long time on my PC, but I want to take it up a notch. I need some help with connections.

The first thing I want to do is get some monitors. I havn't decided which ones yet, and am still pouring over all the forum posts about monitors. My question... and here is where I am a complete noob... Do the monitors connect to my SB Audigy 2 Plat EX speaker out, or to my Eurorack MX 602A mixer? If to the mixer, where? The Main Out? Ctrl room out? Aux Send?

Second... I have been recording for a long time now by using my mixers tape out to the sound card line in. Is this the best way? Or should I be using one of the other send options?

Thanks ahead of time.

Monitors help big time. I have the Tannoy Reveal actives and absolutely love them.

If you go instruments->mixer->PC then you want your speakers to be hooked to the soundcard, so you hear what it actually sounds like (less transducers).

With the SB you only have 2 tracks at once right? Then I would say that yes, from the tape outs is the best way. Do you have a Tape out volume? If not, you might like using the main outs so you can have volume control over the whole mix.

Back