Connecting maximizer without inserts

Shacke

Hello everyone, new here and hope someone can help me please. I am trying to connect a maximizer to my mixer (Behringer Xenyx 1204USB) however the mixer has no inserts. I would like the maximizer on a single channel which is used for speech. The mixer has aux sends and returns but I get the feeling that won't be appropriate for a dynamic processor? Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to maximize a mic signal or a line signal (like from a recorder)? If it is a line signal, you can just plug the recorder output into the maximizer and the maximizer output into the line input of the mixer.

Are there any other inputs that you do not wish to maximize? If not, you can just stick the maximizer on the output.

If you are mixing the vocal with other inputs and you are doing it live, with a mic, there really isn't any good way to do it.

You could use the aux send to send it to the maximizer and the output of the maximizer back into a channel. But there would need to be a way to route the original mic channel to nowhere. (At least not the main output).

Are you trying to maximize a mic signal or a line signal (like from a recorder)? If it is a line signal, you can just plug the recorder output into the maximizer and the maximizer output into the line input of the mixer.

Are there any other inputs that you do not wish to maximize? If not, you can just stick the maximizer on the output.

If you are mixing the vocal with other inputs and you are doing it live, with a mic, there really isn't any good way to do it.

You could use the aux send to send it to the maximizer and the output of the maximizer back into a channel. But there would need to be a way to route the original mic channel to nowhere. (At least not the main output).

Thanks for your reply. It's the mic signal i'm trying to maximize. I will at times use another mic but will like the maximizer on that as well, so there won't be any inputs i'm avoiding maximising. Unfortunately I can't stick it on the mixer output as it is a USB output. Would there be anything wrong in routing the maximizer output into the aux returns? Thanks.

No, there would be nothing wrong with returning the maximizer to the returns, as long as you can route the aux returns to the USB independently from the main output.

On a mixer, any line level input will take any line level signal. The only difference between inputs is where they can be routed and if they have eq, etc...

No, there would be nothing wrong with returning the maximizer to the returns, as long as you can route the aux returns to the USB independently from the main output.

On a mixer, any line level input will take any line level signal. The only difference between inputs is where they can be routed and if they have eq, etc...
A lot clearer now. Thanks for your help.

Back