Connecting interface to DAW?

devilsgirth

I got a saffire pro 40 and in the documentation it says I need to activate the plugins for it to work in my DAW (which in my case is Reaper), and I honestly have no idea how to do that. Does anyone know how to set up saffire pro properly for Reaper? Im currently looking it up on youtube and google but haven't found anything specific enough yet.

i can't remember if it's exactly the same, although it rings a bell, but for the Scarlett plugs you install them, then open the plugin in your DAW. the first time you open any of the plugins in your DAW it should come up with an activation screen (either online or offline) and it should just be a case of clicking through and filling in your details.

This is the Scarlett plugin suite documentation and a couple of pages in it walks you through it

Alright I opened up my DAW and clicked on the audio configuration in reaper, I scrolled down and theres a list under Plug ins that has stuff like VST and compatibility and stuff but I don't see any saffire pro stuff...

have you installed the plugins on to your computer? in reaper i don't think you even need to go that far, it should just be a case of adding any of the focusrite plugins on to a track as an effect and the first time you do it it should send you through the registration/activation

Back