Connecting headphones to AP 2496

Ryan1B

How do I do it? I just bought this soundcard

audiophile2496-fa40783570b9273ae18d109509bfed81.jpg

Ryan1B said:
How do I do it? I just bought this soundcard

audiophile2496-fa40783570b9273ae18d109509bfed81.jpg

The AP296 only has line level, unbalanced RCA outputs which can be fed into a mixer, power amp or powered nearfield monitors.

Options:

1. Run the AP2496 through a mixer which has headphone jacks.
2. Use powered monitors/speakers which have a headphone jack.
3. Connect it to a power amp which has a separate headphone jack.

brzilian said:
The AP296 only has line level, unbalanced RCA outputs which can be fed into a mixer, power amp or powered nearfield monitors.

Options:

1. Run the AP2496 through a mixer which has headphone jacks.
2. Use powered monitors/speakers which have a headphone jack.
3. Connect it to a power amp which has a separate headphone jack.

i got an amplifier, now i can hear the mic through the headphones, but i can't get a connection between the amplifier and the computer...i need some help please.

I don't know what kind of amplifier you have or what kind of inputs it has. Let's assume it has 1/4" inputs like my monitors do. All you have to do is get 2 cables (one for left, one for right output) each with a 1\4" male on one end, and an RCA male on the other. If your amp doesn't have headphone outs, then you need something like this:
Headphone Amp or this:
a bit better budget headphone amp

Then if you are using Windows XP, you need to go to control panel, then to "Sound and Audio Devices", then click on the audio tab, then find "Sound Playback". Set the default device for Sound Playback to "M-Audio Delta AP Multi." That's pretty much it. Other than, if your amp has different inputs you might need something other 1/4" male on the other end. Don't know what your setup is, because you didn't specify.

amra

amra said:
I don't know what kind of amplifier you have or what kind of inputs it has. Let's assume it has 1/4" inputs like my monitors do. All you have to do is get 2 cables (one for left, one for right output) each with a 1\4" male on one end, and an RCA male on the other. If your amp doesn't have headphone outs, then you need something like this:
Headphone Amp or this:
a bit better budget headphone amp

Then if you are using Windows XP, you need to go to control panel, then to "Sound and Audio Devices", then click on the audio tab, then find "Sound Playback". Set the default device for Sound Playback to "M-Audio Delta AP Multi." That's pretty much it. Other than, if your amp has different inputs you might need something other 1/4" male on the other end. Don't know what your setup is, because you didn't specify.

amra

Thanks to those taking their time out to help me.

i bought some of these to plug in the back.... http://www.cablesnmor.com/ProductImages/w16410.jpg .... ok, i got this plugged in the back in the first 2 plugs, then i got a cable running up to my preamp ( http://media.zzounds.com/media/fit,...original-51ee7e27286c24468a9059840fb24ee7.jpg ) and i got my XLR cable running from the input to the mic, and my headphones are plugged in the output section (size = 1/4)...NOW, i can hear whatever comes in the mic through the headphones, BUT i can't hear any PC sounds or record to any software on my PC.....is it because of my PC settings.. i installed the drivers successfully, so what now? I dont have any monitors yet so i need to know how to get my headphones hooked up for now, or at least get any connection between my PC and my preamp besides a hiss

If you want to hear PC sounds you have to do this part still:

Then if you are using Windows XP, you need to go to control panel, then to "Sound and Audio Devices", then click on the audio tab, then find "Sound Playback". Set the default device for Sound Playback to "M-Audio Delta AP Multi.".

And if you want to set it as the default recording device you need to set that one too, it is right under Sound Playback

Back