Connecting DM-24 to new Mac Studio computer

macdog172

Before my trusty, for 17 years, Powermac G5 bit the dust last Friday I was using a MOTU 2408 Mk 3 as the interface between my G5 and my DM-24. This uses a PCI card installed in the G5. Sense PCI has gone the way of the Dodo bird, What interface should I get for my new system so that I may still use my beloved DM-24?

Greetings,
I haven't replied on this forum in years, but since we have a couple of things in common, I thought I would. I use the new Mac Studio in my new recording setup. I use a Midas M32r as my interface. My original studio included a Yamaha AW4416. During the process of transitioning to computer recording and mixing, I bought and used a couple of MOTU 2408 Mk II units to use in standalone mode. Very versatile, since it interfaces analog, adat, tdif and spdif. Anyway, the interface I had at the time was a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. 8 analog ins, 8 channels of input via adat, and a stereo spdif. You can pick one up on the used market for cheap. They work really well. You may have already found your solution, but this way you could still use your dm-24 and your motu unit.

Adam

Back