connect powered speakers to amp??

Elle

Can you connect powered speakers to a consumer receiver?

The reason I ask is because, I am looking for a smaller speaker that I can connect to a digital consumer receiver. I can't seem to find good speakers that are small, but the powered speakers are the right size and the quality is there. These speakers will have to be connected to a Dolby digital receiver, and not to a typical studio amp. I am not sure if powered speakers can be connected to a amp. Thanks for any info.

You definitely CANNOT connect powered speakers to the speaker outputs of a consumer receiver. You can, however, connect powered speakers to the tape outs of a receiver. Tape outs are simply line-outs... all you need are the right connectors - available from Radio Shack or audio supply stores.

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

Come on Bruce- some people actually love to see their speaker cones fly across the room. They've been tied down to that small back and forth motion and just long to fly free.

That WOULD be kinda funny! ('cept if they were good monitors... but if they were powered NS-10s - that would be great!!!!)

:p

LOL, ok, you guys are funny, but the subwoofer is powered and it is connected to the receiver, so I started wondering? Good thing I asked!! I would of had to write that as script for the Larry David show.

Back