confused guitarist midi wanna be

RAO

Ok this might be a stupid one but what is the cheapest easiest way to interface a guitar with midi ? Gvox ? also if I use a midi pickup does this mean I can now play synth sounds with my guitar using plug in soft ware that would normally be used with a keyboard ? I'm kind of clueless on midi also I had a gr30 roland with a gk2a pick up and i was less than satisfied with the tracking so I'm thinking that I could use a general midi pickup/interface of some sort
and just use my computer/cakewalk pro 9/software

you cant do the pickup directly to the computer. one function of as midi guitar box is to actually do the conversion of the pickups signal to midi.

that said the new roland gr-33 supposedly has better tracking and there is also the axion line of guitar synths

im not aware if there is at this time any software to do the pitch to midi conversion so you would currently need to plug into a gr-33 and run that into your computers midi interface.

i will do more research on the software situation for midi pitch conversion.generally that stuff is done best by dedicated hardware as it spares your cpu for other tasks.

you cant do the pickup directly to the computer. one function of as midi guitar box is to actually do the conversion of the pickups signal to midi.

that said the new roland gr-33 supposedly has better tracking and there is also the axion line of guitar synths

im not aware if there is at this time any software to do the pitch to midi conversion so you would currently need to plug into a gr-33 and run that into your computers midi interface.

i will do more research on the software situation for midi pitch conversion.generally that stuff is done best by dedicated hardware as it spares your cpu for other tasks.

I use a Yamaha G50 midi converter into a Yamaha MU-50 tone Generator. The pup is a G1D by Yamaha. Tracking is excellent.

ZZounds was blowing out the G50's at 339.00. Units are being sold as used. The pup was 159 at SA. The MU-50 came off Ebay for 250.00.

Any particuliar questions, just post them here and I'll get back to you.

GP12

Back