Configuring playback with monitors and a headphone amp

Alexbt

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best method of setting up my new headphone amp to tie it in with my existing setup.

Right now, I'm using the first two outputs of my Delta 1010LT, from the monitor mixer, and run this to my monitors.

I use Logic to record with, and I just realized yesterday that it may be possible to use some of the other outputs to feed the headphone amp.

Any suggestions for this kind of setup?

I do, but I only use it for the preamps on channels 3-8 into the Delta.
I'll be using the XLR ins on 1 & 2 which are separate from the mixer.

Could always run 2 of the outs into the mixer and then send the signal to an aux into the headphone amp? ... or am i talking shit here?

Doesent you mixer have a headphone jack? I mean.... most do!!!!! ;) mine has two and its own volume control.

Err, just connect some outputs to the amp :) I don't see the problem. Everything is line-level so it should work fine. At least it does for me.

Once again, I use the mixer for mic preamps not for monitoring.
There are simply not enough separate buses for more than 6 tracks.

Think I need a software routing solution. I need to make Logic play through outs 1 & 2 and 3 & 4.

I still don't get the problem. Doesn't Logic give you the option of routing a single track to multiple outputs?

Apparently not. At least from my poking around it does not. I'll check the PDF manual (or actually hunt down where I put the real one!) and see if there are any options. From what I can tell it only allows me to route tracks to specific outs or buses, but never more than one at a time.

Ok, just a question: do you really want to use your monitors and your head amp at the same time? I use a one room recording setup, so when I'm tracking, I only use headphones, so I can just switch the output to the head amp in my sequencer (Cubase SX) and pop on some headphones and give one to the performer and I'm all set.

There may arise a situation where I'm not in one room, and want to track through monitors like the pros do. ;)

Back