Configuring audio drivers

OK, this is about the 4th separate thread you've started for pretty much the same question.

You should really let us know a LOT more about what you're trying to do, including what OS, what type of sound card, etc.

Please try and stay in just one of your open threads and we'll try and help you.

On the surface, it really appears as if you need to crack open the manuals for your computer, sound card and Sonar, and read, read read...

:)

Ok, so I do not have the manual for Sonar someone gave me sonar 5 to play with, usually I use Logic, I have an HP with window 7 installed and have sonar 5 32 bit version installed. I just want to know how to get the sound out of my computer speaker, the are not listed under the audio drivers in options. I don't have a sound card, just the generic one installed that comes with the computer. In fact when i am in console mode and hit play it doesn't even register any signal coming, the signal meters show nothing coming from the tracks, everything is correctly set to the master and still no signal or sound.

Your speakers will not show up under Sonar's audio drivers, only audio devices (sound cards).

If your computer's generic card is not showing up, you can try switching between WDM and ASIO settings, but it might just be that your card is not recognized by Sonar.

If there is no Audio device configured, you will not get any sound out of your speakers.

Cakewalk's licensing doesn't allow transfer of ownership, but they do provide trial versions of their software for you to "try"...
Maybe that would be the best bet for you which would give you access to the docs and some support...?

I'm not sure if Sonar 5 has MME setting for Audio too. But WDM or MME usually worked for me on an old verison of Cakewalk when using my built in sound card. You have to pick the soundcard as the audio out device too. You may have to run the utility that recognizes the sound card after you switch settings. What was that called again!!!?????

I'm not sure if Sonar 5 has MME setting for Audio too. But WDM or MME usually worked for me on an old verison of Cakewalk when using my built in sound card. You have to pick the soundcard as the audio out device too. You may have to run the utility that recognizes the sound card after you switch settings. What was that called again!!!?????

Correct ................ use have to use MME, but you won't like the results. Make sure you set your buffers real high, or all you are going to get is static.

The latency is going to the biggest killer.

Back