Configure Adobe Audition with Firepod

Have used the Firepod for live two track until now. I need the multi-track features to make rehearsal CD's for our Christmas stuff. Basically I've ripped recordings of both works and inserted as track 1. I plan to put SATB on tracks 2-5. I want to pipe track 1 back through the phones and lay down each vocal track seperately. I can't get the playback to work period. I've messed with device settings in Audition but can't get anything to playback through Firepod. I have mix @ 12 o'clock on the preamp. I'm sure it's a config issue. Please help!

I've never used Adobe, but you need to assign each track's outputs (or your master bus outputs) to the Firepod Out 1/2 drivers.

When recording, assign each track input to the relevant Firepod Left 1/2, Rightt 1/2 etc.

hey i was wondering if i could ask a quick question instead of starting a new thread....im planning on a getting a firepod soon just wanted to know can u record all 8 inputs separately or do u have to combine them?

Thanks. I'm now able to monitor track one by assigning it to Firepod 1+2. I have SATB going into Firepod 3+4 (for Audition track 2-5). The only thing I haven't been able to accomplish is to send the "waveform view" mix into the firepod for monitoring. Will post when I figure it out unless someone's already done this.

Last edited:
Took the whole day but I finally got it. I think I got caught with a Cool Edit Leftover. The two track screen used to be called "Waveform View" or something like that. It's now of course "Edit View". Options -> Device Order allows the user to choose which devices (internal sound card and various pairs of Firepod Channels) which "devices" to use for input and output. Once you've selected them you then choose which device will be used for "Edit View" (the old Waveform View for both input and output). I got to put together a few rehearsal tracks.....here's a mens chorus number from one of our Christmas pieces.....Herod's men out to get 'im!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4633&alid=1409

punkorama said:
hey i was wondering if i could ask a quick question instead of starting a new thread....im planning on a getting a firepod soon just wanted to know can u record all 8 inputs separately or do u have to combine them?

Yep sure can

Back