condenser boom stand

gamba

hi , i'm getting a rode nt2a condenser. my question is can anyone suggest a boom stand that can hold this mic without it tipping over? the more economical the better. thanks

Use any reasonably priced stand.

Go to a sporting goods shop and buy a 10lb barbell weight and attach it to the bottom of the stand with a hose clamp.

Keep the boom at a sharp angle and not fully extended, place one of the legs in direct line with the boom, shouldn't tip over! If your stand falls over its cause you set it up poorly!

Plan B, duct tape the stand to the floor :) :guitar:

All good advice or spend a little more and get something that will last longer and funtion better.
I mean if it costs a few hundred bones then i'd wanna make sure it was safe even if it is just sandbags.

Where in the world are you ? location can make a differance.

Whats your budget?

Gotta second the Tama stands. They have to be one of the best stands I've ever used.

For quality, you will find it hard to beat König and Meyer (K&M)

Tama
Tama MS205 Tripod Boom Microphone Stand Chrome | San Francisco Haight Ashbury Music
Quick search for a link came up with a pretty good price here.
Anywho, clutches that actually work, legs that don't flop around like an arm load of cats when you pack up'.. Six and counting here.

Both of these makers of stands - AND the AKG stand - all the rest of the so called budget type stands are Ca-Ca poo poo! That is their center of balance is way to high at their legs and most have only one 3 foot long boom - not two seperat two foot adjustable boom arm.

Back