Comuter sound with tascam us 2x2

kfir_frr

Hi,
I use the card,tascam us 2x2.
And I have a problem, when I plug it into the computer. Although sound came out from speakers right through the card, but when I want to here songs or music from YouTube, I cann't hear.
I can't even watch videos on Facebook.

When I'm umpluged the audio card I can do those things.

What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Most likely you need to set the tascam as your computer's audio device, rather than it's internal sound.

Make sure speakers are connected to the tascam

Of cours.
That's what I wrote,that the computer detects the card and sound goes through card,
And the speakers connected to the card.
I got an error message every time I try to play a song from the computer when the card is plugged in.
What else could be the problem?

Of cours.
That's what I wrote,that the computer detects the card and sound goes through card,
And the speakers connected to the card.
I got an error message every time I try to play a song from the computer when the card is plugged in.
What else could be the problem?

PC right?

What version of Windows are you running?

First thing you need to do is make the Tascam your 'default' audio device for everything.

And make sure you have the latest driver available for your OS. HERE

Start there.

Yes, its PC.
I'm using windows 10.
I already checkd and I have the latest driver for my os.

and if I set my Tascam to 'default' audio device for everything, what happend when I pluged out the card from my PC?
He is not constantly connected to my PC.

Yes, its PC.
I'm using windows 10.
I already checkd and I have the latest driver for my os.

and if I set my Tascam to 'default' audio device for everything, what happend when I pluged out the card from my PC?

Well if I understand you correctly, you will need to change the default audio device if 'HE' is not connected to your PC all the time. Windows will not just do it for you automatically with an external interface.

and if I understand you correctly,
You're basically telling me that every time I plug my card I need manually configure it has default audio device on my PC, and when I plugd it out I need to manually configure the default audio device on my PC againe?

and if I understand you correctly,
You're basically telling me that every time I plug my card I need manually configure it has default audio device on my PC, and when I plugd it out I need to manually configure the default audio device on my PC againe?

Well yes, but only if you are using it intermittently and not devoted to one DAW or software program.

I have a question for you. What is it in your needs that makes it necessary to disconnect your interface? Is it portability or sharing of the interface with another computer?

And to be clear, I am in no way trying to be disrespectful. Only trying to find the best options for you. :)

Welcome to HR! :D

Jimmy asked why you need to disconnect it. That's my question too. Unless there are compelling reasons otherwise, it would be sensible to leave it connected.

For my main recording computers, that is what I do . . . leave the interface permanently connected.

However, I do have a laptop that I take around the place . . . sometimes with the interface when I am doing a live recording on location, and sometimes when I am just going somewhere and want it with me. In this case, I have to reset the audio devices to the onboard sound, then change it back when I reconnect the interface.

I currently only works with a laptop.
So I want to know if I understood correctly.
Every time I connecting or disconnecting the card from my laptop, I need to set defoult sound manually?
PC/laptop can't do it independently??

And if it is,
Where exactly do I set it on windows 10?

I currently only works with a laptop.
So I want to know if I understood correctly.
Every time I connecting or disconnecting the card from my laptop, I need to set defoult sound manually?
PC/laptop can't do it independently??

And if it is,
Where exactly do I set it on windows 10?

You only have to change the default device if you decide to change it.

I am not familiar with W10 but it would make sense for any OS. If you decide for your own reasons to change the input device, you gotta select it. Making your interface the 'default' only helps you to not have to make the change. But if you intentionally need to, then yes, you need to change the input device each time.

Back