Computer recording starter

Reggaesoldier

I've got a behringer mx802a, and an m-audio DMP3. and a Fostex MR8. along with a bunch of other shit. I want to know what I will need to start recording to computer. My mr8 is pissin me off because My DMP3 is useless with it. I can't get around the MR8's pre's. But aside from that, my computer is 1000ghz with 524mgs of ram. I think this will be sufficient to run something like sonar or cubase, or one of those. Maybe one of you can tell me about those programs too. I was looking at something like the Delta1010 but it almost seems like too much for me and my one man band. I also am a knobs and faders kind of person. I don't want to fuck with a mouse movin faders back and fourth. So is there mayber a mixer I could get as well that would interface with the comp? All info you people can give would be great thanx!!!

...my computer is 1000ghz...

Whooooaa! Are you from the future?

I was looking at something like the Delta1010 but it almost seems like too much for me and my one man band.
Eight line inputs is a lot for one person overdubbing, I agree. Consider the Delta 44 or Delta 66, or even the Audiophile, all from M-Audio.

I also am a knobs and faders kind of person. I don't want to fuck with a mouse movin faders back and fourth. So is there mayber a mixer I could get as well that would interface with the comp?

Well, an automated mixer is big bucks... but there are control surfaces available that allow you to control the software mix with knobs and/or sliders, the cheapest in the $200 range. Event has something that combines this kind of functionality with an audio interface, the EZbus .

Also, I was thinking, If I were to use a delta66 and use channels 1 & 2 with the DMP3 could I plug the left and right outs from my mixer in the 2 remaining channels? I do use a drum machine and a sampler and some keys. I like the idea of being able to eq and tweak these sorts of things before I send it on through. Know what I mean?

Back