Computer Recording Software

jusballin

is anyone recording using the computer in pro tools. im currently taking a class on it and was just wondering how many people are recording using the computer and if so what software you are using?

I'm learning Cubase at the moment. I'm doing ok with basic midi seqencing (until recently I was a PC recording virgin).Its a lil ackward withn the learning curve. I'm working on getting a mixer and monitors so i can so i can use the delta sound card i got. I haven't done any audio yet. just VST stuff so far. I'm impressed with it so far.

that what im currently using also (cubase) and they are pretty much similiar.i think once you learn pro tools you can pretty much work your way around anything.the learning curve is steep at times but i think once i get it all down it will be worth it.

Hey Ballin,

go with what your good at using.... Personally I don't know what all the hype is about pro tools... Can't say I was blown away by it..... Its a good program, but definately IMO not worth the denero....... I think you can get just as good quality using others....Basically it comes down to how good of an engineer you are,,,,which in turn just comes with time..not software

appreciate the info i was wondering the same thing tho. it seems to be so much hype about it and im still trying to figure it outl. im getting kinda comfortable in cubase and wasnt really interested in spending a lot cheese on a new pro tools and mac setup when im comfortable with what i got.

so whats the hype all about??

I compare the 2 like this

Maxima Vs. Mercedes

Both are stylish, both are gutted with everything from leather to heated seats, great sound systems, and good horsepower

So why is the Mercedes 30k more?

I had the slk230 n now I have the maxima.....Really like the maxima a whole lot more............................If you wanna be cool and have everybody think your somethin you roll in the mercedes.... but it don't make you a better driver...any cooler...or any more attractive.......just cost more

I got Pro-tools, but I heard Cubase and the Motu is just as good or even better. Oh well, Pro-tools is kind of overwhelming cause I just wanted to record, but I'm getting used to it. I don't have a Mac.

Back