computer keeps rebooting

banm33

Hi all. my problem is my computer keep rebooting. first what cause this? it was ok last night now when i start to record or surf the net it just stop and reboot. will work for a while or as long as an hour then cutoff then reboot. any ideal? thx

Could be your cpu overheating? Try popping the case off and pointing a fan at the cpu for a while and see if it runs longer (cooler).

if you pop off that case make sure you touch something like your carpet or desk to make sure you are not carrying static electricity on your skin.........If you touch the guts of your computer and there's static electricity happening you could really screw your computer permantly ....................keep that in mind

-nave

damn, the same thing just started to happen to me an hour ago. Mine actually pops up an error message says one of the .dll files has an error or somehting and then my whole PC freezes. So, I doubt this has anything to do with the overheating in my case, right? Any thoughts?

thx for the reply. as far as overheating that was my first thought i check the health status on my mb its seems ok fans are running this board shows cpu temp fan rpm and have shutdown when if the cpu get to hot. windows is telling me i have a bad file in the config sys. will check this out and let you know my finding. must go before it shutoff this is my third try trying to post.

Ok. First tell us a little more information about your compuer. What motherboard (chipset), and CPU? What operating system? etc..

darnold

Sonar has been working properly on my PC for about a month by now, and this problem just started to happen 2 days ago, so, I don't think it has to do with my PC, but, here it is:

Pentium3, 600mhz(or 650mhz)
350ram
it's a Dell Demension, dunno the mobo...
Win98 se

Haven't installed anything new before this error started, so, I really can't think of any causes other than Sonar itself. Oh, another weird thing that happened at the same time is my ACID, it will "sometimes" record at a very low signal with lots of hiss noises. Just sometimes tho, but at the same time, everything sounds perfect if I record with SF. So, it's just ACID, not my external setup, I believe.

Any thoughts??

ok this is what happen the motherboard was receving to much voltage which burn out a diode. anyway replaced the old board with a new one and everything work fine. first i thought it was my oasys card or the midiman 2x2, i just added this recently. i like that mb too. thx to all who reply. keep tracking.

I've had similar problems with Cakewalk for a long time now. It crashes on a daily basis. Usually only, when I use directX plugins on it. Mostly ReValver. It sometimes crashes, when I load a song which uses directX plugins. I think there's some bug in Revalver and/or Cakewalk...

Cranky

that happened to me too i found that when i increased the latency less crashes i guess the directx plug-ins are too much of a load at a time for ur cpu to handle

Back