Computer Can't Find My Digi 001 (XP)

sirpunkly

I have recently installed my Digidesign Digi 001 and Pro Tools 6.4 on my computer running windows XP. I also have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT installed. I can get my Digi 001 to work fine in Pro Tools but when I go to Control Panel in Windows, It will let me select it as the default playback and midi device but not the default recording device. The same thing happens when I go into Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I can record using the Digi 001's Midi Input. How can I get my Digi 001 to work with Cool Edit Pro 2.0? I have installed the latest drivers and what not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

elevate said:
So me using it with Vegas, Sound Forge, and Fruity Loops was my imagination?
I stand corrected. I was always told that Digi hardware only works with Pro Tools. After reading the manual I see that the Digi 001 has "WaveDriver" that allows 3rd party software.

Traditionally it has been the case that Digi hardware only worked in Pro Tools. Then they released their WaveDriver, which allowed for 2 in/2 out operation, and it mostly sucked. A year or two later they released an ASIO driver which gave full functionality to any app that used ASIO drivers.

Back