Computer Based DAW

TheIllicitOne

Here's the deal. I've got a very capable computer that I build specifically for recording purposes (firewire capability, incredibly fast, lots of RAM, and 2 250 gig HDs w/ RAID0). Anyway I need an interface or a digital mixer to get audio into my comp and onto separate tracks in cubase or whatever other program I might decide to use. I need it to sound professional. Up until now I've only been using a little 8 track tape recorder to record stuff. So I want something thats got preamps already (as long as it's got good quality, if not I'd probably go outboard) and I'm definately not wanting to spend say over 2500 because I need to buy mics, etc... It has to be able to record a full drum set at 1 time along with a scratch track. What should I get: a digital mixer to get the sound decent for the recording and then do small adjustments afterwards if need be OR just get an interface and do all of my mixing via the comp? Please help and also recommend some interfaces or digital mixers that you would think would work well. By the way I want ZERO latency...

Back