computer and interface for mobile recording..

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
Looking for something bottom feeder, as I will only record tracks and then bring them back to the studio to work on. So the laptop will just act like a tape recorder...figure an i3 or something.

Also an interface... with at least 4 inputs/outputs min.

figured a laptop would be overall more useful and no more expensive than a stand alone recorder, which would be out of date as soon as I bought one. Already have everything else from mobile speakers to snakes to mics... So no Tascam 24 track hard disk recorders.... if those aren't already out of date.

8 ins would be luxury and not looking to break the bank. ... $6 or 700 total maybe??

realistic goals?... and suggestions, especially the cheapie interface, since there are so many to plow thru.

that looks decent.... I've heard about staying away from Tascam interfaces... for whatever that means. Plus I've got a mixer and pres, so any money spent on that could be converted to extra outputs on a unit. Thanks for the suggestion, mucho appreciato!

that looks decent.... I've heard about staying away from Tascam interfaces... for whatever that means. Plus I've got a mixer and pres, so any money spent on that could be converted to extra outputs on a unit. Thanks for the suggestion, mucho appreciato!

Mucho deNada. JimmyS might pop in with some words about the Tascam. He has been using them for quite a while with good results.

Back