Compressors- Yamaha, Aphex

noncon

I'm looking to get a pretty basic compressor just for very small recording projects. I'm trying to find some info on two that I've seen around but no reviews. Anyone using or know anything about the Yamaha gc2020c or the Aphex 108? Thanks

Niether Yamaha or Aphex are known for their compressors. That should tell you something. (Aphex does make the compellor and a couple of other high dollar things but this doesn't sound like one of them)
Try DBX, compressors is what they are known for. What is your price range?

The Aphex Expressor is a pretty well known compressor, and a good one. don't know about the 108 though, I think the 1xx series is their budget line.

noncon, sounds like your $$$ range is around 200. Check out the thread ART Pro VLA vs. RNC. The RNC (check it out at www.fmraudio.com or www.mercenaryaudio.com) I believe goes for $175 at mercenary audio or the Pro VLA is on sale if you get Musician's Friend catalog for $239. Guess your choice also depends on how you plan to use it.

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's insight, I decided to pick up the ART Pro from MF for $239. I get their catalog but I didn't have it on me, but they were able to look up the reference number somehow and get it to me for that excellent price.

Back