Compressor won't release

M1Fanatic

Digital whaaa?
I have a DBX 262 compressor that I haven't used in several years. I had great results with this comp in the past, but now after sitting idle for several years it doesn't seem to want to release the compression.

It will work fine for several minutes at a time and then the next time you're up to the mic, the vocal is greatly reduced. If you shout moderately into the mic it will release and then work fine again for another several minutes before locking up.

Anyone heard of a comp on its way out doing this? I've never had a problem with DBX products.

Functions are DC controlled. No signal passes through the pot. Pot noise can't happen.

But thanks for replying.

Functions are DC controlled. No signal passes through the pot. Pot noise can't happen.

That's true, but we are not talking noise as such, the dirt / dust in the pot could be causing the pot to read a setting incorrectly. For example if the pot has an open circuit due to dirt and open circuit is the longest release time or the pot has a completely closed circuit due to dirt and the completely closed circuit is the longest release time, that would be the problem, I would still clean the pots first.

Cheers

Alan

Back