Compressor with Phantom power?

PaLiC

I'm getting a Roland Vs-880EX. i don't believe it has phatom power built in. I also need a compressor. so if I can find a compressor with Phantom power, it would be ideal. I heard about the Joe Meek VC3. any one use this? how about the Behringer MDX2200 Composer Pro...i know that has XLR inputs/outputs....does this support condenser mics with phatom power??

any help would be great.

tony cho

Ummmmmm...no...

You will need to get a stand alone phantom power device. I know of no dedicated compressor that supplies phantom power.

Just because a unit has XLR I/O's doesn't mean you can plug a mic straight into it and get a suitable level. Some units have XLR I/O's mainly because it is considered a "professional" type of connector, and you could basically use mic cables to connect it to another device if the othe device also has XLR I/O's.

Good luck.

Ed

I don't think ANY compressors come with phantom power. But don't forget U need a pre-amp before U can even think about compression because U don't compress the signal untill the preamp has done itz job. BUUUUUT, some preamps do come with built in compression and phantom power, so that is probly what your looking for. The Joe Meek VC3 is a preamp that has built in compression and phantom pwr. So that unit sounds good for what U need. But there are other units out there so look for em and compare em before U buy.

and no...... the Behringer MDX 2200 won't do the job... itz a compressor/gate/limiter, no preamp or phantom pwr, so itz not whatcha need =)

Sabith

thanks

thanks for clearing that up...

yeah...i guess i meant... is there any other preamps with phantom power with a compressor built in like the Joe meek.

i'll keep looking

Back