compressor help on the BR-1200

lyphephorm

i have tried to apply the compressor to my vocals but when i look at the track levels they still go above the level i have set. if someone can help me with this i would appreciate it

I am at work at the moment, I have the 1600, I will have a look at my rig to see if I can help, in the meantime if you go to:
General Discussions: Recording Techniques: "I really need help with technique" and read Cloneboy Studios info on Compression this may help!
:cool:

Im not 100% sure here but on the 1600 when you set the Threshold amongst the other settings on the compressor and apply it to the selected track, the track level does not appear to change in level during playback.
However once the track has been bouced down to a stereo track (9/10 on the 1600) the level of the track with the compressor applied will result in the compression being applied.
What I did, I bounced a mix without the compressor applied to a guitar track and one with the compressor applied and the results were there.

Possibly your threshold levels may need to be set lower or higher depending on what you want to achieve. :confused:

I am going back to do some more investigating.
I'll keep you posted if I find something more definitive. :)

Back