Compressor dilemma...

stecel

I am kind of an upper-level newbie when it comes to recording. I am trying to pick out which compressor to buy for my home studio. I am thinking about the RNC, but I am also thinking about just getting a cheaper Behringer one, because I know they make some good value quality stuff.

whats everyone think?

If you truly were an "upper-level" newbie, you'd know the answer to that one.

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm afraid you're going to have to struggle for a while longer shinging the senior members' shoes. My car could use a good washing, by the way.'

Sorry to be snide about this, but an "upper level newbee" and you have questions about compression? Sorry, but you are not there yet.

Get the RNC.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I think u seniors got stuck on his "upper-level newbie" call and missed the entire question. It wasn't about compression. It was just about which compressor you think would give more bang for the buck.

But what do i know, i'm as low-level as you get.

good call Kevin, 100 % true......

the Behringer is a good starting point....it does limiting great and the compression isnt bad if the dont hit it hard...i have the Autocom....you can get it for $69 and its a no brainer that its a great bang for the buck item.....

the RNC at $175 is just incredible if you can swing the price......

Gidge said:
the RNC at $175 is just incredible if you can swing the price......

I must apologize, as sometimes it seems I forget the dire financial situations some of us are in.

But the whole $175 and if you can swing the price thing seems like kind of an oxymoron.

Seriously, though, if some of you guys are that bad off, let me know. I might have some old shoes, Ramon noodles, and various other canned goods and non-perishable food items I might be able to send your way.

I might have some work for you, too, if you think you can clean my place up some afternoon . . . maybe install some corning 703 panels.

Last edited:
unless you're using analog (which most newbies don't), just play with the plug in compressors until you can save the $175 for the RNC. you'll learn how to use compression, and the extra two knobs on the RNC will become useful not confussing. in other words SAVE don't WASTE money on any other low end compresor.

willovercome said:
. . . until you can save the $175 for the RNC.

Again, I'm hearing this "save for" the RNC stuff.

What the hell are you people living on? Mowing lawns for the old lady accross the street?

chessrock said:
Again, I'm hearing this "save for" the RNC stuff.

What the hell are you people living on? Mowing lawns for the old lady accross the street?

Yea! No shit! What's that all about? When I got mine not only did I not have to save for it I also put in a little extra to get it plated in gold. :rolleyes:

chessrock said:
Ha ha. I edited my post, so now no one knows what the hell you're talking about. Loser. :D

While I may not be a gear god or a master of mixing, I do know that there is no such thing as "Ramon Noodles" either, so, you're still wrong, both of you

it's RAMEN noodles
I'm in college right now, I should know

:)

chessrock said:
I must apologize, as sometimes it seems I forget the dire financial situations some of us are in.

But the whole $175 and if you can swing the price thing seems like kind of an oxymoron.

Seriously, though, if some of you guys are that bad off, let me know. I might have some old shoes, Ramon noodles, and various other canned goods and non-perishable food items I might be able to send your way.

I might have some work for you, too, if you think you can clean my place up some afternoon . . . maybe install some corning 703 panels.

i guess i fall in that category so Ill shoot you my address for that care package.....

i have the Autocom and its suiting my needs fine for now....theres more things on my list ahead of a RNC and gear money comes slow......

Id much rather give my daughter all the clothes and toys she wants and bring her to Disney World every year......some things are priceless....

and i didnt use the "saving for RNC" speech...i believe even with the RNC in a studio, theres still place for the Autocom....its a slammin' limiter....can you say that for the RNC?

damn Chess, you got my mouth all ready for Ramen noodles now....ill be waiting......

MIKE

Back