Compression/Limiting article with audio Examples

Shailat

I have almost finished setting up a article on compressors and limiters with some audio examples.
It needs a touch up here and there but it's readable.

A warm thanks to Ed for his proof reading and editing and web help (and a small surprise at the end).

If this showes to be any help at all I might do a series of different stuff if not then.. you can all burn in hell.
http://www.geocities.com/shailat2000
Comments are welcome.

Cool stuff Shailat, haven't checked out the samples but will do so.

Great work!

Emeric

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 06-28-2000).]

"Lets use a snare hit to illustrate the use of attack and release" - should be "Let's"

Great article. The net needs more articles aimed at intermediate users like this one. It seems like most of the articles on the net are either for beginners or else advanced stuff.

Keep it up.

It would be nice if you gave a few more actual times for attack and release. Experienced compressor wizards always use the relative terms "slow", "medium", and "fast"... then I see a wide range on my compressor and don't really know where "medium" ends and "slow" begins ;). I'm getting the hang of attack times, but release still baffles me on occasion. I'm comfortable with release on snare and kick... but there isn't much sustain on those sounds, so it's pretty easy.

Hats off to Ed for having more balls than I've got... that was great comic relief :D.

Back