Compression after tracking?

Wack

Hey all, I track onto a portastudio and then take the tracks into a DAW. I'm wondering if my Focusrite TrakMaster Pro compressor can help me while mastering in my DAW, Maybe with some peak levels, or squashing drums? Thanks a lot guys, I'm just trying to get my masters sounding better, with what I've got.

wACK.

Personally, I thought the compression circuits in the Focusrite "budget" stuff was terrible - You can do much better with a decent plug. Plus, it's a mono unit - so that sort of disqualifies it right off the bat, eh?

Hey all, I track onto a portastudio and then take the tracks into a DAW. I'm wondering if my Focusrite TrakMaster Pro compressor can help me while mastering in my DAW, Maybe with some peak levels, or squashing drums? Thanks a lot guys, I'm just trying to get my masters sounding better, with what I've got.

wACK.

Give it a try. :shrug:

I'm wondering if my Focusrite TrakMaster Pro compressor can help me while mastering in my DAW
Besides what they said above. You need to evaluate each song and then you need to decide what each songs needs. If the songs needs compression, then you add it. if it doesn't need compression, then you do not add it. All songs are different and you need to decide this on a song by song basis.

Cj

Back