Composer as good as Multi Com?? // Other Alternatives???

Jason James

Hey there, Just sold my 3630 in hopes of getting a better compressor, mostly for live sound, but also for some recording as well. I've heard the Composer is great for the $ and blows away the 3630. Anyone know if the Multi Com sounds as good as the Composer? Perhaps I should just spring for a RNC and get another RNC later. Any other alternatives?....DBX etc...... Thanks.

Jason

Some VERY MAJOR sound system companies use Composers in their racks!!! I don't think for the money you will beat it, and you would have to spend quite a bit more to equal it.

The MultiCom is NOT an option in my opinion. There is pretty much no control over the Attack/Release, and they don't have a Peak Limiter (which happens to be quite good on the Composer).

Get the Composer.

Ed

Actually, they do. I bought a multicom for that reason alone -- Allows me to prevent four simultaneous channels' worth of digital clipping. I barely even use the compressors - maybe very light settings from time-to-time.

Good stuff. Bought it because I heard Mr. Sonusman say such nice things about the limiters on the composer. Didn't hurt that it was only like $100, either. Thanks for the advice, Sons -- what a steal.

there is a limiter, but nada on attack and release controls....but if used primarily for the limiter, not a big factor......

Back